PLEASE READ THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
LAST UPDATED: December 21, 2020
As used herein, "Site" refers to hottfeatures.com originating in the Canada which are owned and/or operated by Global Community Consulting Inc.
These Terms & Conditions, together with any other terms, conditions or policies set forth elsewhere in the Site, constitute the entire agreement between you and Hott Features in connection with your access and use of the Site (“Agreement”).
By using the Site, you indicate your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions, you have no license to access the Site and should leave immediately.
Hott Features reserves the right, in its sole discretion at any time, to change these Terms & Conditions or impose new conditions, including, but not limited to, adding fees and charges for use. Such changes, updates or additions shall take effect immediately upon Hott Features posting the most current version of the Terms & Conditions on the site with a new Effective Date shown. All changes in the Terms & Conditions shall be effective from the Effective Date. Your continued use of the Site after Hott Features posts any such changes to the Terms & Conditions shall be deemed to constitute your acceptance of the modified Terms & Conditions.
Hott Features may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time, including the availability of any feature or content. Hott Features may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or the entire Site without notice or liability.
All materials published on the Site (including but not limited to articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips) are individually protected by copyrights which are owned and/or controlled by Hott Features or the party credited as the provider of the material. Moreover, the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of all contents of the Site are also copyrighted as a collective work. You shall abide by all copyright notices and other restrictions contained in any material accessed through the Site. No material from the Site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer (or other electronic device) for your personal, noncommercial use, and may print one hard copy of the material on the Site for your personal, noncommercial use, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading or printing copyrighted material. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any purpose other than personal, noncommercial use is a violation of the respective owners' copyrights and other proprietary rights. The use of any such material on any other Web site or networked computer environment is prohibited. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to Hott Features or the other designated owner of a posted mark. Elements of the Site are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part.
The Site includes video/photo submission pages, contest entry pages and other interactive functions which may allow feedback and submissions to Hott Features. Hott Features reserves the right to refuse participation to any applicant or participant at any time in our sole discretion.
1. You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, communications or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, that you (a) submit to any of the Forums or (b) through our Site, or (c) that you submit (or have submitted in the past) to third party web sites (e.g., YouTube) and provide us with the link to post or embed on our Site (collectively, "Submitted Content"), are your sole responsibility. This means that you, and not Hott Features, are entirely responsible for all Submitted Content that you upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit to or our Site, and you and you alone are responsible for any injury to people or property (REAL OR INTANGIBLE) caused by your creation or posting of the Submitted Content.
2. Hott Features does not endorse or control the Submitted Content delivered to this Site, and has no obligation to monitor such Submitted Content. As such, Hott Features does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such Submitted Content. However, Hott Features reserves the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or to delete any Submitted Content, in whole or in part, that is in violation of these Terms & Conditions or that it deems to be objectionable or unacceptable for any reason whatsoever.
3. Hott Features further reserves the right at all times to preserve any Submitted Content or to disclose any Submitted Content as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request or any good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce these Terms & Conditions; (c) respond to claims that any Submitted Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Hott Features, its guests and the public.
4. You understand that by using the Site that you may be exposed to Submitted Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Hott Features be liable in any way for any Submitted Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Submitted Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Submitted Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Site, including its Forums.
5. You understand that the comments of others displayed in connection with your Submitted Content as used herein ("Third Party Comments"), may be disparaging, defamatory, embarrassing, or otherwise be of an unfavorable nature and may expose you to public ridicule, humiliation or condemnation. Hott Features expressly disclaims, and you expressly release Hott Features from, any liability for any Third Party Comments. You acknowledge and agree that Hott Features shall have the right (a) to include any Third Party Comments on the Site and in any and all forms of advertising, promotion, and publicity for the Site and/or the Submitted Content, and (b) to broadcast and otherwise exploit the Submitted Content with or without Third Party Comments in any manner, and in any media, whether now existing or hereafter developed.
6. By registering, accepting these Terms & Conditions, and uploading Submitted Content, you represent and warrant to Hott Features the following: (a) you are at least 18 years of age, unless written agreement from agency or gaurdian (b) all of the information provided by you to Hott Features to enroll and participate is correct and current; (c) you hold and will continue to hold the necessary rights, including but not limited to all copyrights, trademark rights and rights of publicity in the Submitted Content to comply with these Terms & Conditions and applicable provincial and federal laws; (d) you are the creator of the Submitted Content you upload to the Site (or are specifically authorized to upload the Submitted Content by the copyright holder), and did not take any of its elements from a source such as another Web site, publication, recording, film, or video; (e) you have made any required payments to guilds, performing rights societies, or to any other body or group representing authors, composers, musicians, artists, and other participants in the production of the Submitted Content, or other entities having legal or contractual rights of any kind to payments as a result of distribution or exhibition of the Submitted Content; and (f) you have the legal right and authority to agree to, perform the acts required of you, and to grant the rights and licenses described in these Terms & Conditions.
7. It is a condition of your access and use of the Site that you do not:
a. Restrict or inhibit any other guest from using and enjoying the Site;
b. Harm minors in any way;
c. Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an employee or representative of Hott Features, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
d. Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Submitted Content transmitted by means of the Site;
e. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise distribute, publish or transmit on the Site any Submitted Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
f. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise distribute, publish or transmit on the Site any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, invasive of another's privacy, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including, without limitation, any Submitted Content encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability (purely by way of example and not limitation, because it shows you engaged in negligent or reckless behavior) or otherwise violate any municipal, provincial, national or foreign law;
g. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise distribute, publish or transmit on the Site any Submitted Content that either involves nudity (including partial or complete nudity) of any person under age 18; exploits persons under age 18; or discloses any personally-identifying information about persons under age 18;
h. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise distribute, publish or transmit on the Site any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder;
i. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise distribute, publish or transmit on the Site any information, software or other material which contains a virus or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or any other harmful component;
j. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise distribute, publish or transmit on the Site or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes or which contains any form of solicitation (including, but not limited to, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," and "pyramid schemes"), advertising, promotion, marketing for goods or services, or any form of lottery, sweepstakes, or gambling;
k. Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other guests of the Site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other guests' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
l. Interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks serving the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
m. "Stalk" or otherwise harass another individual; or
n. Collect or store personal data about other individuals.
8. By posting, uploading, transmitting, submitting, or otherwise making available any materials (including but not limited to any text, articles, remarks, ideas, graphics, illustrations, photos, videos, artwork, designs, audio, music, games, comments, product concepts, advertising concepts or ideas, and suggestions for improving or changing existing content, and any and all other content and information) on or through the Site, regardless of how submitted (e.g., emailed, uploaded, posted, published), such materials become Submitted Content. By posting, uploading, transmitting, submitting, or otherwise making available Submitted Content, you automatically and irrevocably grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly and irrevocably granted) to Hott Features a royalty-free, non-exclusive, unrestricted, perpetual, worldwide, and fully transferable, assignable, and sublicensable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, edit, alter, revise, adapt, translate, enhance, reformat, remix, rearrange, resize, create derivative works of, move, remove, delete, erase, reverse-engineer, store, cache, aggregate, publish, post, display, distribute, broadcast, perform, transmit, rent, sell, share, sublicense, syndicate, or otherwise provide to others such materials or incorporate such materials into any form or technology now known or later developed, and for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and to authorize others to do so. You waive any moral rights you may have in having the Submitted Content altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. You further irrevocably grant Hott Features a royalty-free, non-exclusive, unrestricted, perpetual, worldwide, and fully transferable, assignable, and sublicensable license to use your name in connection with the Submitted Content; to use the Submitted Content for advertising and promotional purposes for ourselves or third parties; and to otherwise exploit, benefit from and/or realize revenue from the conduct of its business, operation of the Site, in the offering of products or services by Maxim or third parties, and any and all arrangements made with respect thereto without accounting, obligation or liability to you. Unless expressly provided in the Agreement, you or the owner of any Submitted Content posted, uploaded, transmitted, submitted, or otherwise made available on or through the Site retains ownership of all rights, title, and interests in such Submitted Content. By way of example only, this means Hott Features might offer your Submitted Content to third parties who, in turn, may resell such Submitted Content, for which you may receive no credit or compensation, unless otherwise agreed upon.
9. You warrant that any Submitted Content you post, upload, transmit, submit, or otherwise make available, on or through the Site contains nothing that will give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any municipal, provincial, national or foreign law, including nothing that is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, invasive of your own or another's privacy or publicity rights, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent, or that constitutes an infringement of anyone's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right, or derivative rights with respect thereto.
The purchase of any products from the Site is governed by the terms and conditions of the sales transaction with the provider of the product. HOTT FEATURES MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE QUALITY OF SUCH PRODUCTS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Hott Features does not have any responsibility for the processing or delivery of products purchased from the Site, unless we tell you we are specifically responsible for the sale of the item. In that case the terms of our Shopping/Refund Policy apply to the purchase of those identified goods, and those terms are included and deemed a part of these Terms and Conditions, solely with respect to the sale of those items.
The Site may contain links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by others ("Third Party Sites"). The appearance of a link does not imply Hott Features's endorsement. Hott Features has not reviewed all of the Third Party Sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the contents of or any products or services offered in such Third Party Sites. You access them at your own sole risk, and you should direct any concerns regarding any Third Party Site to its site administrator or Webmaster.
Hott Features licenses its brands, trademarks, and copyrighted material (“Marks”) to others for use on goods and services ("Third Party Licensees"). The appearance of the Marks on these products and services does not mean that these are Hott Features products or services. Hott Features makes no warranty of Third Party Licensee products or services. They are products and services offered and sold by independent companies that qualify as Third Party Licensees. Hott Features is not responsible for these products or services. You purchase and use them at your own sole risk and you should direct any concerns regarding any Third Party Licensee products or services to the appropriate Third Party Licensee company. If you have any questions about the contact information of the Third Party Licensee, Hott Features will provide contact information from its files for your assistance.
The Site is controlled and operated by Hott Features from its headquarters in Burnaby, British Columbia. Hott Features makes no representation that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the provinces of British Columbia, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, except as to any provisions which may be governed by the Canadian laws, in which case the latter shall govern. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Ottawa, Ontario and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
If any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Hott Features may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Site for any reason, including, without limitation, failure to comply with any of these Terms & Conditions. Upon termination, you must destroy all materials obtained from the Site and all copies thereof, whether made under the terms of this agreement or otherwise. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access or use the Site, and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to materials downloaded from the Site and the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in this agreement shall survive.
You access and use the Site at your own sole risk. If you are dissatisfied with any of the materials contained in the Site, or with any of these Terms & Conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using the Site.
THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE AND ALL DOWNLOADABLE SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, HOTT FEATURES AND ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SITE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND ANY AFFILIATED WEBSITES WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED. HOTT FEATURES DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, OPINION OR ADVICE PROVIDED IN OR FROM THE SITE. HOTT FEATURES DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Hott Features, its parent company, subsidiaries and all officers, directors, owners, employees, agents, information providers, affiliates, licensors and licensees (all of the foregoing, collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") shall in no event be liable for any claims, charges, demands, damages, liabilities, losses, or expenses of whatever nature and howsoever arising, including without limitation any compensatory, incidental, direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages, loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a computer or electronic virus, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or other losses of any kind or character, even if Hott Features or the Indemnified Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site or any Web site with which it is linked. You assume total responsibility for establishing such procedures for data backup and virus checking as you consider necessary, or for your reliance on any material published or posted on the Site.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Hott Features and the Indemnified Parties from and against any and all claims, charges, demands, damages, liabilities, losses, and expenses of whatever nature and howsoever arising (including but not limited to any legal or other professional fees and the costs of defending or prosecuting any claim and any loss of profit, goodwill, and any other direct or consequential loss) incurred or suffered by Hott Features and the Indemnified Parties, directly or indirectly, by reason of any act or omission which you commit in breach of these Terms & Conditions (including but not limited to your obligations, representations and warranties contained herein) and any other terms and conditions or policies set forth elsewhere in the Site. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim. Hott Features reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
Because you have acknowledged that, at its sole discretion and for any reason, Hott Features may edit, refuse to post or to delete any Submitted Content that you post, in whole or in part, and may terminate or suspend your access to all or part of this Site, that you have granted (or warranted that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) to Hott Features a royalty-free, nonexclusive, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish and distribute any Submitted Content that you post, such materials or incorporate such materials into any form or technology now known or later developed, and that you have waived any moral rights you may have in such Submitted Content, you hereby agree that if you unsuccessfully prosecute a claim against Hott Features and/or any of the Indemnified Parties that arises from its exercise of its rights to edit, refuse to post or to delete any Submitted Content that you post, to terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Site, to use its royalty-free, nonexclusive, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish and distribute any Submitted Content that you post, or seeking to recover for violation of your moral rights, you agree to reimburse Hott Features and/or the Indemnified Parties for all costs of defending any such claim, including but not limited to any legal or other professional fees.
Hott Features has a policy of responding to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), which may include removing material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity. If Hott Features removes material to comply with the DMCA, we will attempt to contact the provider of any Submitted Content so removed to enable them to make a counter notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA. Hott Features makes efforts to document all notices of alleged infringement that it responds to. A copy of the notice will be sent to a third party who will make it available to the public. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights.
To file a notice of infringement, you must provide us with a written notice that includes each of the following items:
- Detailed identification of the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed.
- Detailed identification of the material you claim infringes this copyrighted work.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Hott Features to contact you (e-mail address is preferred).
- The statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above on the allegedly infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Your signature.
Send the Infringement Notification to the following address:
The provider of affected content may make a counter notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. When we receive a counter notification, we will reinstate the material in question. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is not infringing the copyrights of others.
To file a counter notification, you must provide us with a written notice that includes each of the following items:
- Detailed identification of the material Hott Features has removed.
- Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
- The statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that each search result or message identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled."
- Your signature.
Send the Counter Notification to the following address: